DIY 'Healthy' Bagels
I've seen a million posts about the bagels made with flour and Greek Yogurt and honestly, I doubted they would actually be worth it- I stand corrected. This morning I made these healthy DIY bagels and they were delish. Because they are made with Greek yogurt, they are also higher in protein and lower in calories than your ordinary, traditional bagel, which is also a plus.
1 cup of Whole Wheat Flour (Regular All Purpose will also work)
3/4 teaspoon of Table Salt
2 teaspoons of Baking Powder
1 Cup of Greek Yogurt (I used the Fage 0% Fat brand)
1 Egg White
Everything Bagel Seasoning
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray the parchment paper with nonstick spray.
2. Mix the flour, salt, and baking powder together
2. Once well combined, add the yogurt and mix with fork
3. Flour your surface and roll out the dough, then shape into 4 bagels
4. Brush the bagels with the egg white
5. Roll the bagels into the everything bagel seasoning. For the cinnamon bagels, I rolled them in cinnamon then added a few raisins.
6. Cook in oven for 22 minutes.
Nutrition/Macros per 1 Bagel: 22.6 grams of Carbohydrates; 10.5 grams of Protein; 0.5 grams of Fat (~142 calories per bagel)